The Department of Industrial and Operations Engineering had a strong showing at the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) Conference in Houston, Texas from October 22 – 25, 2017. This conference is one of the largest for those in operations research. In addition to presenting and sharing research, as usual, members of the IOE community both new and old had a great time reuniting at IOE’s Michigan Nite Event.
You can see a sampling of topics that the IOE community brought to INFORMS in the video below.
Many students, faculty, and researchers from IOE were recognized for their work. Notably, IOE students were awarded first, second, and third place at the Minority Issues Forum. Below is the full list of IOE awards at INFORMS 2017.
- University of Michigan INFORMS Student Chapter, Magna Cum Laude Award
- Gian-Gabriel Garcia, First Place, Minority Issues Forum poster competition
- Ruiwei Jiang, Honorable Mention, INFORMS junior faculty interest group paper competition
- Selin Merdan, Second Place, INFORMS Public Sector Operations Research Best Paper Award
- Qiyun Pan, finalist in the Best Student Paper competition in the INFORMS Quality Statistics and Reliability (QSR) section
- Donald Richardson, Third Place, Minority Issues Forum poster competition
- Cong Shi, Third place, INFORMS Junior Faculty Interest Group Paper Competition (JFIG)
- Lauren Steimle, Second Place, Minority Issues Forum poster competition